Share this article with your friends
Click on the links below to share this article on social media.
College Business Manager
The Queen's Foundation is a theological college in Edgbaston, Birmingham, providing theological education and training to a wide range of students. The attractive campus on Somerset Road is very busy, with teaching taking place typically 7 days a week and several evenings, with a full academic year from September to July.
We are looking to hire a College Business Manager to manage the College’s campus, hospitality and HR services to support the effective running of the Foundation. The post holder will receive general direction and supervision from the Director of Operations and will be accountable to her for their work. However, there will be a high level of personal responsibility for the day to day delivery of the college’s smooth running and management, and the post holder will be expected to use initiative to anticipate requirements and deal with situations as they arise.
Our ideal candidate will:
- Have experience within a senior administrative/management or leadership role.
- Be highly organised and strategic thinker, with an ability to remain composed and effective in a busy environment.
- Have excellent communication skills (oral and written).
- Be able to develop and maintain good relationships, with colleagues and with external bodies, with high levels of interpersonal skills.
- Be in sympathy with the ethos and values of the Foundation: diverse, inclusive, multi-cultural and multi-national; and being committed to building relationships of respect and trust with all staff, students and guests.
- Have strong IT skills specifically in Microsoft Office.
- Have HR experience at a policy and procedure level.
The job description and person specification may be downloaded here. The salary range for this post is £27,000 - £30,000 depending on experience and qualifications. The role is 37.5 hours per week, Monday to Friday with some evening and weekend work.
Holiday: 25 days + 8 bank holidays, other benefits include free lunches during term time
If you meet the criteria above and would like to apply for this role, please send your CV to Sharron Probert (email@example.com)
Closing date for this post is: 9.00 am 21st January
Interviews to take place: 28th January