The Queen’s Foundation has six core activities:
1. The education and training of those preparing for ordained ministries in the Church of England and the Methodist Church, both in full-time study or on part-time forms of learning.
2. The continuing education and professional development of those with responsibility in the life of the churches in the UK, lay and ordained, at undergraduate, post graduate, and research levels.
3. The professional development of lay and ordained leaders from churches across the world, particularly in the field of mission leadership.
4. The education and training of Black and Asian Christians for ministry and leadership within the Church of England and Black Majority churches.
5. The provision of research degrees and research activities that engages with the mission and ministry of the churches.
6. The provision of theological education for anyone who wishes to engage deeply with the Christian tradition.
This mission statement is reflected in the following Educational Values:
• We are committed to honouring, celebrating and respecting the different traditions of our sponsoring churches and learning together what it means to be faithful to our roots while growing into new ways of being church;
• We strive to be inclusive, celebrating our diversity of ethnicity and culture, committed to learning more just and truthful ways of being the Body of Christ;
• We seek richer and deeper ways of working with and contributing to the life of other Christian communities and other partners in the region;
• We aim to fashion our teaching and learning drawing on the best practices of adult education, helping all to be responsible participants in their learning, valuing openness and searching enquiry;
• We aspire to nurture communities characterized by habits of gracious acceptance, openness, respect, honesty, and challenge, which are rooted in prayer and are open to the disturbing and comforting Spirit of God.