Share this article with your friends
Click on the links below to share this article on social media.
The Black Theology MA pathway at Queen’s is designed to enable part-time learners to gain postgraduate awards that are rigorous and practical, enabling transformative practice in church and society. Studying on the Black Theology pathway, students will:
- gain confidence to study theology at a high level
- be equipped with insights and tools of Black Theology, which is committed to inclusion and social justice, and engaging in historical and contemporary issues concerning Black lives and experience
- If you have a first degree in theology, a Diploma in theology, or degree in another subject, you will be eligible to apply for the MA programme to start in September 2020.
- To access an application form, click here!
- If you have a degree in another subject, or a diploma and ministry experience you can join the PG Taster Course which will start in January 2021.
- This will be taught and assessed at MA level, so passing it will mean that you can progress to the MA programme (or Post Graduate Diploma) and have the learning accredited.
Some Practical Details
- The next PG Taster Course starts Saturday 30th January 2021
- It costs only £200, which includes the tuition fee and refreshments
- All classes are held on 5 Saturdays at Queen’s. For the foreseeable future, during the Covid-19 pandemic, all classes will be held online.
- The dates for the Taster classes are: 30 January, 27 February, 13 March, 8 May and 26 June 2021
- Time of classes 9.30 am – 5.30 pm
- The course is accessible for part time learners locally and nationally
- Meals and refreshments are provided at no extra cost
- Overnight accommodation on campus is on offer, subject to availability
- For more information, see frequently asked questions below, or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- For an application form click here!
Frequently asked questions about the PG Taster Course
Who is the Taster Course for?
- Graduates, Lay and Ordained leaders see here!
- Anyone with a first degree in any discipline (or a relevant degree, 2.2 or above)
- Anyone with prior theological education to Diploma level, together with relevant previous experience or a professional accreditation such as ordination or equivalent
When, where and how much work will be involved in the studies?
- All classes are presently held online
- Classes held on Saturdays only
- Five Saturdays between January and June 2021.
- 2 written assignments of a total of 6,000 words (worth 30 credits) will be assessed.
What about the cost?
- The total cost for the Taster Course is at a discounted price of £200 which includes a £50 registration fee.
- A bursary is available (see criteria for bursary on the application form).
What will I gain?
- Insights to key themes and concepts of Black Theology for transformative practice in church and community
- By doing the Taster Course, you will cover the first module of the PG Diploma or MA programme (30 credits)
- The Taster Course can be accredited after successful completion of the written assessment and acceptance of an application to progress onto the PG Diploma or MA programme
After the Taster Course, when will the MA Programme start?
- September 2021 (after a successful completion of the Taster course).
- Applications for the PG Diploma /MA programme should be processed by the end of summer of that year (2021).
Frequently asked questions about the PG Diploma / MA programme
How much work will I need to do for the PG Diploma?
- You will need to complete a total of four modules (6,000 words of assessed work for each)
- There is no dissertation.
How much work will I do for the MA Degree?
- You will need to complete a total of four modules (a total of 6,000 words of assessed work for each module)
- A dissertation of 15,000 words.
What about cost?
- There is no bursary for the PG Diploma or MA programme
- Funding for the MA programme is available via Student Finance England (dependent on eligibility)
- Student finance is not available for the PG Diploma programme.
What will I achieve?
- Both the PG Diploma and MA programme are validated by Newman University.
- On successful completion, candidates will be awarded a PG Diploma or MA in Theology and Transformative Practice
For an application form
For more information
- Email: email@example.com or telephone 0121 454 1527