Share this article with your friends
Click on the links below to share this article on social media.
This post-graduate degree in theology, ministry and mission, is validated by Durham University as part of the Common Awards scheme. It is an opportunity to develop theological studies, ideal for those engaged in any service in the Church, either lay or ordained.
You will study 7 level 7 modules, part-time over three years, relating theological knowledge to your professional & personal circumstances. You will be the engaged in the advanced study of key biblical passages and challenging theological texts. You will reflect on the theory and practice of mission, evangelism and practical theology, relating this to your own experience, shared with others, so as to enhance and deepen your ministry. You will be guided in ways to research important material to develop your own ideas, particularly through your dissertation. This final large piece of work is an opportunity to study in depth a theological topic of your own choice directed related to your own ministry.
At Level 7, the following 20-credit modules:
- Research and reflections, resources and methods
- Education and the Learning Church
- Advanced Theory and Methods in Practical Theology
- Advanced Bible Study
- Advanced Study of a Theological Text
- Reflective Practice: Mission and Evangelism
Plus a 60-credit Dissertation
Students enter the MA in TMM programme under one of the following categories:
- A good degree (or other level 6 qualification, such as a Graduate Diploma) in theology
- Graduates (classed as first class or 2:1 honours) in other disciplines with experience of Theology or Religious Studies to at least undergraduate Certificate level (awarded with credit or distinction, or with an overall mark of at least 60%)
All applicants are required to satisfactorily complete a face-to-face interview (either in person or online). They should also supply at least two satisfactory references.
Further supporting evidence may be gleaned through, for example, the submission of written work.
To apply for the course, please download and complete the following forms:
When completed, please send the forms to email@example.com
Modular costs for the MA are charged on a per credit basis. This fee covers your distance tutor, any classes or groups, online materials and the university validation.
Full details are available on the fees part of our website, or our annual fee sheet may be downloaded to your desktop. This includes further guidance on the associated costs of studying theology, along with information on what benefits you may be entitled to as a student.