Queen’s is also designated as Approved (fee cap) Provider by the Office for Student (OfS), and is accountable therefore to the OfS in terms of, amongst other things, upholding academic standards, the provision of data to inform the HE sector, and ensuring the success of students in higher education. For further guidance, please see the information on the OfS Register.
For further information on the Freedom of Information act, as it relates to Queen’s, please see our Data Protection Policy. Follow this link to our Company House profile. Follow this link to our Charity Commission profile.
The governing body of Queen’s consists of up to 16 members, four of whom are nominated by partner bodies and 12 are co-opted. Each is appointed for a three year (renewable) term of office.
- The Rt Rev Paul Bayes, Chair of the Governing Body, (Anglican) Former Bishop of Liverpool
- The Revd Kenneth Howcroft, (Methodist). Former President of the Methodist Conference
- Mrs Barbara Easton (Methodist), former Vice-President of the Methodist Conference
- Dr Rachel Jepson (Anglican), Educator
- Mrs Mavis Jones (Wesleyan Holiness Church)
- The Revd Dr Miranda Threlfall-Holmes (Anglican), Team Rector, Diocese of Liverpool
- The Revd Claire Maxim (Anglican), Priest in Charge, North Tyne and Redesdale
- Canon Dr Sanjee Perera (Anglican)
- The Revd Deborah Caulk (Methodist), nominated by the Methodist Council
- Mr David Hermitt (Anglican), nominated by the General Synod
- The Revd Helen Kirk (Methodist), Chair of Chester and Stoke-on-Trent District (nominated by the Methodist Council)
- The Rt Revd Robert Springett (Anglican), nominated by the West Midlands Bishops