|Job Title||E-learning development tutor|
My relationship with Queen’s began as a research student. I completed my doctoral thesis on Professor John Hull’s theological pedagogy in 2021. I have worked in theological education for 8 years but before this I was a secondary school teacher and language tutor. I continue to provide consultancy in the area of teacher training.
2006 BA (Hons) Modern European Languages (French, German and Spanish) University of Durham 2007 Qualified Teacher Status University of Manchester 2014 Master of Arts in Theology (Biblical studies emphasis) Fuller Theological Seminary 2022 P.h.D in Theology Vrije Universiteit, Amsterdam
- Roles at Queens
- E-learning tutor with a focus on online teaching and learning.
- Research interests and supervision areas
- Christian pedagogical method, the role of the Bible in learning, hermeneutics and biblical interpretation, theological education.
- Key Publications
- Smith, Jen. 2021. “A Pedagogy of Resistance and Scouse Other-Ness.” Practical Theology 14 (4): 351–63. https://doi.org/10.1080/1756073X.2021.1961375.
- Smith, J. R. (2022). What Prevents Christian Adults from Learning? in fresh perspective, conversation and practice: John Hull’s theological pedagogy as disruptive-inclusion. https://research.vu.nl/en/publications/what-prevents-christian-adults-from-learning-in-fresh-perspective