|Job Title||Methodist Tutor in the Centre for Ministerial Formation|
MTh 1994 University of Edinburgh MBA 1995 University of Edinburgh PhD 2000 University of Edinburgh
- Roles at Queen’s
- I am a Methodist tutor, working within the Centre for Ministerial Formation, and teach the Introduction to Theological Reflection Module, and co-teach the Black Theology and Theologies from the Majority World Module
- External roles and responsibilities
- I am an ordained Methodist Minister with extensive experience of circuit ministry. Currently I have pastoral responsibilities for two churches in the city of Wolverhampton – Beckminster Methodist Church and Cranmer Methodist Church.
I also served on the World Methodist Council – as a member of its Social and International Affairs Committee from 2001 to 2006. Until recently I was a member of the University of Edinburgh Centre for Theology and Public Issues. My experience also includes cross-cultural ministerial practice.
I serve on the Connexional Candidates Selection Committee.
I provide support in an advisory capacity to the work both Queen’s Foundation and the Wolverhampton and Shrewsbury Methodist District are doing in Rwanda through their partnership with the Free Methodist Church of Rwanda.
- Research interests and supervision areas
- My research interests are in both the Theology of Migration and African Theology, with particular focus on Reconstruction Theology and Reconciliation Theology.
I am interested in supervising dissertations in the areas of Liberation theologies, Theology of Migration and Pastoral Theology.
- Key publications
- A Biblical and Historical Theology of Mission: Reflecting on the Flip Side of ‘Reverse Mission’ in Olofinjana, O.I. (ed) African Voices – Towards African British Theologies (Carlisle: Langham Partnership) 2017
- Nzacahayo, P. and Nixon, M. (2009) Grieving in absence: A story of friendship, loss, grieving and God’s presence, Milton Keynes: Author House.
- Nzacahayo, P. (2007) ‘The cure of evil speaking’, In 44 Sermons to serve the present age, Shier-Jones, A. and Reisman K.D. (Eds), London: Epworth Press.
- Nzacahayo, P. (2004) Four churches in search of a future: The challenges and opportunities of amalgamation, Birkenhead: Countyvise Limited.
- Nzacahayo, P. (2000) ‘The role of the white father missionaries in socio-economic conflicts in Rwanda between 1899 – 1916’, In Mission und gewalt – der umgang christlicher missionen mit gewalt und die ausbreitung des christentums in Afrika und Asien in der zeit von 1792 bis 1918/19, Van Der Heyden, H.U. and Bercher, J. (Eds), Stuttgart: Franz Steiner Verlag.
- Nzacahayo, P. (1998) Ethnicity, race and culture, In Ethnicity, race and culture, Niringiye, Z. and Oginde, D. (Eds), Kampala: International Fellowship of Evangelical Students.
- Nzacahayo, P. (1997) ‘Religion and violence: Outbreak and overcoming, Africa: Rwanda’, In Religion as a source of violence? Kuschel, K.J. and Beuken, W. (Eds), London: SCM Press Ltd.