Share this article with your friends
Click on the links below to share this article on social media.
About the Black Theology Forum (BTF)
The Centre for Black Theology (CBT) hosts a monthly gathering called the Black Theology Forum (BTF), convened and chaired by its centre director, Dr Dulcie Dixon McKenzie.
The Black Theology Forum is a most important site for the verbal articulation of Black theology in Britain and is recognised as the ‘go to place’ for a monthly encounter of lively, interactive, intellectual, and practical exploration amongst academics, practitioners, and those interested in, or new to Black theology. A guest speaker leads a conversation by way of a formal presentation followed by Q & A which always provides an opportunity to explore in more depth, themes and concepts in Black theology. It is always intentionally a constructive critical conversation on a wide range of topics that merges scholarship and transformative practice.
The BTF convenes once a month, usually on the fourth Thursday during term time, and admission is free. Anyone who identifies as Black and Asian is welcome to attend.
During the Covid-19 Pandemic the forum is held on line. Please see details for the next forum here!
The dates for the BTF in 2020-2021 are as follows:
· 24th September 2020 to register click here
· 22nd October 2020 to register click here
· 26th November 2020 to register click here
· 28th January 2021 to register click here
· 25th February 2021 to register click here
· 25th March 2021 to register click here
· 29th April 2021 to register click here
· 27th May 2021 to register click here
· 24th June 2021 to register click here
For more information about the BTF or If you would like to send a proposal for a presentation, please email Dr Dulcie Dixon McKenzie.