Share this article with your friends
Click on the links below to share this article on social media.
The Black Theology MA pathway at Queen’s is designed to enable part-time learners to gain postgraduate awards that are rigorous and practical, enabling transformative practice in church and society. Studying on the Black Theology pathway, students will:
- Gain confidence to study theology at a high level
- Be equipped with insights and tools of Black Theology, which is committed to inclusion and social justice, and engaging in historical and contemporary issues concerning Black lives and experience
- If you have a first degree in theology, a HE Diploma in theology, or a degree in another subject, you will be eligible to apply for the MA programme to start in September 2023.
- To access an application form, email firstname.lastname@example.org
- If you have a degree in another subject, a HE Diploma and ministry experience, you could join the PG Taster Course, which will start in January 2023
- This will be taught and assessed at the MA level, so passing it will mean that you can progress to the MA programme (or Post Graduate Diploma) and have the learning accredited
Some Practical Details
- The next PG Taster Course starts in January 2023
- It costs only £200, which includes the registration and tuition fee. Course material is also included
- All classes are held on 5 Saturdays online from 1.00pm - 6.30pm, and online seminars by arrangement.
- The course is accessible to part-time learners locally, nationally and internationally
- For more information, see frequently asked questions below, or email email@example.com
- For a PG Taster Course application form, email firstname.lastname@example.org
Frequently asked questions about the PG Taster Course
Who is the Taster Course for?
- Lay and Ordained leaders, Graduates and individuals who are socially engaged
- Anyone with a first degree in any discipline (or a relevant degree, 2.2 or above)
- Anyone with prior theological education to HE Diploma level, together with relevant previous experience or a professional accreditation such as ordination or equivalent
When, where and how much work will be involved in the studies?
- All classes are held online
- Classes are held on 5 Saturdays and arranged seminars in between on a weekday evening
- Two written assignments of a total of 6,000 words (worth 30 credits) will be assessed
What about the cost?
- The total cost for the Taster Course is a discounted price of £200, which includes a £50 registration fee
- A grant for the PG Taster course only is available (see criteria for a grant on the application form)
What will I gain?
- Insights into key themes and concepts of Black Theology for transformative practice in church and community
- By doing the PG Taster Course, you will cover the first module of the PG Diploma or MA programme (30 credits)
- The PG Taster Course can be accredited after successful completion of the written assessment and acceptance of an application to progress onto the PG Diploma or MA programme
After the Taster Course, when will the MA Programme start?
- September 2023 (after successful completion of the PG Taster course)
- Applications for the PG Diploma /MA programme should be processed by the end of the summer of that year (2023)
Frequently asked questions about the PG Diploma / MA programme
How much work will I need to do for the PG Diploma?
- You will need to complete a total of four modules (6,000 words of assessed work for each)
- There is no dissertation
How much work will I do for the MA Degree?
- You will need to complete a total of four modules (a total of 6,000 words of assessed work for each module)
- A dissertation of 15,000 words
What about the cost?
- There is no grant for the PG Diploma or MA programme
- Funding for the MA programme is available via Student Finance England (dependent on eligibility)
- Student finance is not available for the PG Diploma programme
What will I achieve?
- Newman University validates both the PG Diploma and MA programme
- On successful completion, candidates will be awarded a PG Diploma or MA in Theology and Transformative Practice
For an application form
- email email@example.com
For more information
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 0121 454 1527