Share this article with your friends
Click on the links below to share this article on social media.
The Certificate of Higher Education programme will introduce you to a range of core areas and topics in theology, whilst also embedding and unpacking all of this within the wider context of Christian discipleship.
The normal modules included in the Certificate are listed below:
- TMM1031 Introduction to the Bible
- TMM1131 Introduction to Christian Doctrine & History
- TMM1051 Using the Bible Today
- TMM1451 Foundations for Reflective Practice in Context
- TMM1521 Spirituality and Discipleship
- TMM1551 Growing Together in Christ: Worship & Spirituality
Students normally enter the CertHE programme at level 4 under one of the following categories:
- At least 1 pass at Advanced level
- OR 2 passes at Advanced Supplementary level
- OR Other formal qualifications deemed to be equivalent to the above by the admissions committee
For any other applicant not meeting standard entry requirements:
- Applicants will be asked to produce a piece of theological writing that demonstrates their capacity for working at level 4 of undergraduate study. This may include satisfactory completion of a recognised Access course.
- All such applicants are required to satisfactorily complete a face-to-face interview (either in person or online). They should also supply at least two satisfactory references.
To apply for the course, please download and complete the following forms:
When completed, please send the relevant parts of the forms to firstname.lastname@example.org
Modular costs for the CertHE are charged on a per credit basis. This fee covers your distance tutor, any classes or groups, online materials and the university validation.
Full details are available on the fees part of our website, or our annual fee sheet may be downloaded to your desktop. This includes further guidance on the associated costs of studying theology, along with information on what benefits you may be entitled to as a student.