Share this article with your friends
Click on the links below to share this article on social media.
This award builds on the Certificate of Higher Education by exploring theological traditions, themes and debates in more depth. For example Topics in Doctrine builds on material covered in Introduction to Christian Doctrine and History but focuses in on the identity of Jesus and what it means to be saved. In addition, at diploma level, you will have the opportunity to explore new subjects, such as Christian Ethics, and Community Formation and Discipleship.
To achieve the Diploma, you will need to complete a total of 240 credits, 120 at Level 4 and 120 at Level 5.
The modules normally included in the Diploma are as follows. In some cases, either TMM2181, TMM2411, or TMM2171 may be replaced by an Independent Learning Project.
- TMM2121 Topics in Christian Doctrine
- TMM2021 Biblical Studies
- TMM2181 Community Formation and Discipleship
- TMM2411 Mission and Apologetics in Contemporary Culture
- TMM2531 Reflective Practice in Context
- TMM2171 Christian Faith and Ethical Living
Students enter the MA in TMM programme under one of the following categories:
- A good degree (or other level 6 qualification, such as a Graduate Diploma) in theology
- Graduates (classed as first class or 2:1 honours) in other disciplines with experience of Theology or Religious Studies to at least undergraduate Certificate level (awarded with credit or distinction, or with an overall mark of at least 60%)
All applicants are required to satisfactorily complete a face-to-face interview (either in person or online). They should also supply at least two satisfactory references.
Further supporting evidence may be gleaned through, for example, the submission of written work.
To start the application process, please fill in the form below
For further information, please contact email@example.com
Modular costs for the DipHE are charged on a per credit basis. This fee covers your distance tutor, any classes or groups, online materials and the university validation.
Full details are available on the fees part of our website, or our annual fee sheet may be downloaded to your desktop. This includes further guidance on the associated costs of studying theology, along with information on what benefits you may be entitled to as a student.