Share this article with your friends
Click on the links below to share this article on social media.
Thanks to our partnership with the Methodist Church, Methodist Probationers may choose to complete some or all of their studies at Queen’s. This enables you to meet the Church’s requirements for Probation Studies, while, if you wish, earning an academic qualification.
The full programme typically includes two residential teaching weeks per year (autumn and summer) at The Queen’s Foundation, as well as some online learning. The third year, where applicable, does not require any on-campus presence.
Students who undertake all of their Probation Studies, with us may choose to:
- Continue undergraduate study, building on the qualification level reached during Initial Ministerial Formation and progressing (usually) to a BA in Theology, Ministry and Mission, validated by Durham University: 3 years
- Continue postgraduate study, building on work done at Level 7 during Initial Ministerial Formation and progressing to an MA in Theology, Ministry and Mission, validated by Durham University: 2 years
- Begin postgraduate study, working towards an MA in Theology and Transformative Practice, validated by Newman University: 3 years
- Study on a not-for-credit programme, working towards the same modules as their fellow probationers, but without the pressure of completing an academic qualification: 2 years
Please note that the accredited options are subject to our usual admissions requirements, and some courses will typically continue beyond ordination.
Students who choose to undertake their ‘further study’ in another setting may still choose to complete their Orientation Project (year 1) and Gospel in Context Project (year 2) with us. This requires attendance at one teaching week per year.
Residential Dates for 2023-24:
- Orientation Project: 6th to 9th November 2023
- Gospel in Context Project: 23rd to 26th October 2023
- Summer Residential: 3rd to 6th June 2024
Further details about the options for students beginning in September 2023 will be made available soon after Initial Stationing (early 2023).
Please contact Rev'd Dr Catrin Harland-Davies: email@example.com for further information.