Undergraduate Taster Course
From May to June, 8 Wednesdays 7pm to 9pm
Who is it for?
This short affordable and accessible course is designed for anyone curious about studying theology and especially keen to know more about Black liberation theology. If you are thinking about studying at a formal level – e.g. a Higher Education Certificate, this course is ideal to help you gain study skills and confidence for studying at a higher level.
This taster course runs on a convenient online part-time format, allowing you to study from anywhere in the world, alongside other disciples, church leaders, and lay ministers, with supportive and knowledgeable tutors. Topics include Biblical Studies, Christian Doctrine and History, Black Theology, Gender and Theology, Formation and Spirituality. The eight sessions are spread over two months, from May to June and will:
- introduce you to new ways of thinking about the Bible and the Christian tradition
- affirm the experience and heritage of Black Christians
- give you confidence about academic reading and writing
- be a lively, interactive taste of what further studies at Queen’s would be like
The sessions are designed to prepare candidates for ongoing studies with an opportunity to work towards completing an accredited module before starting in September (where applicable).
The taster course only costs only £50 for all eight sessions. This includes tuition, course materials and access to the renowned Queen’s library.
How to Apply
To apply for this course please fill in the Undergraduate Taster application form. Our team will be in touch to ensure that the program is right for you and provide further guidance.
If you already hold a degree and would like to apply for the Postgraduate Taster course starting in January instead, please get in touch or fill in our Postgraduate Taster Course application form.
For further information on any of the centre’s programmes, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Postgraduate Taster Course
From January to June, 5 Saturdays 1pm – 6.30 pm
Who is it for?
The Postgraduate Taster course is ideal to get a feel and a solid foundation for studies towards a Postgraduate Diploma or a Master’s Degree. This course is designed for lay and ordained leaders with relevant experience as well as graduates or professionals with prior undergraduate theology qualifications who are keen to further their studies in the light of Black liberation theology.
What will I gain?
- Insights into key themes and concepts of Black Theology for transformative practice in church and community
- Completion of the first module of the PG Diploma or MA programme (30 credits)
- The Taster Course can be accredited after successful completion of the written assessment and acceptance of an application to progress onto the PG Diploma or MA programme, both validated by Newman University and starting in September.
The taster course only costs £200 for all sessions. This includes tuition, course materials and access to the renowned Queen’s library.
How to apply?
To apply for this course please fill in the Postgraduate Taster application form. Our team will be in touch to ensure that the program is right for you and provide further guidance.